HOW TO USE EXPANDO
MixingExpansive Mortar must be thoroughly mixed with clean cold water before use. The required volume is 1.5 – 1.7 liters of water into a bucket, then gradually add one 5 kg bag of Expansive Mortar. Stir until you obtain a smooth lump-free slurry.Use only open pails or containers for mixing. Narrow necked containers must not be used. Avoid adding extra water, as this may reduce concentration and effectiveness of the mix.FillingPour the freshly mixed slurry into predrilled holes within ten minutes of mixing.
Do not look Directly into holes when filling. Do not look Directly into filleD holes for the next 2 – 6 hours.
Amount to use
Indicative usage by hole size:
- Drill 30 – 38mm holes
- Drill to a depth of 80 – 90% of material. Do not go all the way through.
- Holes should be spaced at a distance of between 200 – 400mm depending on material to be cut or demolished.
- 30mm diameter hole = 1 kg/m
- 32 mm diameter hole = 1.3 kg/m
- 34 mm diameter hole = 1.5 kg/m
- 38mm diameter hole = 1.8 kg/m
Cracks should appear within 2-6 hours after filling with Expando mixture. Crack times will vary depending on material to be cracked, hole design, diameter of holes and temperature.
Expando continues to increase pressure for up to 3 days.
Store in a dry location. The product will be damaged and lose efficacy if contacted by water or exposed to dampness.If only part of a bag is used, reseal with tape to exclude moisture.
Product contains calcium oxide (liMe) contact of the Powder with water will result in the Production of large Amounts of heat And Possibly steam. in confined situations this will Also create high Pressures. risk of Burns to eyes or skin.
risk of serious eye damage due to the alkaline nature of the product. Material gets hot after adding water, increasing the risk of damage to eyes. Product may cause skin irritation if left on skin. Inhalation of dust may irritate respiratory system or lungs. Repeated or prolonged inhalation exposure may aggravate asthma, and lead to inflammatory pulmonary disease.
safety in use:
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Avoid inhaling dust. If accidental contact occurs, wash off powder immediately. If working in a confined area ensure adequate ventilation. Wear long sleeved shirt and long trousers, and use personal protective equipment if risk of exposure to powder, slurry or dust.
- Use approved safety goggles and gloves when mixing and filling.
- Wear dust mask if working in a confined area.
- Do not use hot water for mixing.
- Do not put prepared slurry into bottles or cans, this could lead to blow-out with glass or metal fragments.
- Do not look into filled holes, and cover them with a cloth sheet until reaction is completed.
swallowed: DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. IF UNCONSCIOUS DO NOT GIVE FLUIDS TO DRINK. If conscious get affected person to drink large volumes of water to dilute the chemical. Obtain medical advice. Provide rest, warmth and fresh air.
eye contact: Promptly wash eyes with plenty of water while lifting eye lids. Continue to rinse for at least 15 minutes. Seek medical attention if redness or irritation develops.
skin contact: Remove affected person from source of contamination. Wash skin thoroughly with mild soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation develops.
inhaled: Move the exposed person to fresh air immediately. Get medical attention if any discomfort continues.
This is a mockup. Publish to view how it will appear live.